Sunday, July 11, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I am very fortunate that I've lived in my house for 5 years and I still love it. Let me explain, growing up I moved houses about every 3 years. Seriously. Not schools - houses. I am an expert in packing and moving! While it was a pain, it kept things interesting and allowed us to redecorate all the time! So the fact that I have lived in one place for this long and have no intention of moving anytime soon is somewhat of a miracle.

This is our first home, our 'starter' house if you will. It's a 1905 Cape Cod with great historic details and little touches here and there. Being a history nerd I appreciate the little quirks that come with an old house. In fact, I would take a old home over a brand new one any day. It's stood for 100 years, I'm pretty sure it isn't going anywhere ;)

I say all this to get to the point that we have home improvement projects going on at pretty much all times. And like so many of you, we don't have the budget to bring someone in to do the hard work. We've done some pretty big projects {this biggest is in progress right now!!} - all DIY! I hope to use this blog as a forum to share what we've done, what went wrong and what we learned. Oh and hopefully to share some successes as well!

I'll be sharing past projects over the next week so make sure you stop back {or hit the "follow me" button to your right there on your screen and it will let you know when I post} and join me for some picture posts.

Here is where we call home!

Here's a shot of the backyard from a party we had last summer. There's also a large deck that you can't see {it will be larger after yet another project!}


Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...