Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Dirty Little Secret...

So I lured you back today, huh?

First,  you should know that I am kind of a neat freak. I hate things being out of place. I like organization and never leave things around the house. It actually drives Hubs crazy because I am constantly telling him to pick things up. I mean, there's no reason to put a dish in the sink when the dishwasher is right next to it. Drives. me. crazy.

OK now that you know that, here we go - as promised,  here's my dirty little secret....

This

is

my

closet......


Our house is a little cape cod with itty-bitty closets. Being that I'm a shopaholic Rick built me a large closet in one of the rooms upstairs. I love it because I can have all my clothes out all the time, no more switching items out with the change of the season. Buuuuut since I don't actually stay up there I tend to allow things to pile up and get a little messy....ok more like way messy.

And here's the money shot....

OH MY GOSH! HOW DID IT GET THAT MESSY??? I'm so embarrassed. Like for real embarrassed. And that's not even the worse of it....here's the 'storage' area...

and the guest bedroom...

 Can you believe that? What an effin' mess!! So I spent the past few days cleaning everything out and I can now stay up there for more than 10 minutes.

I went through all my clothes and tried on every single thing that I own. If it didn't fit it went into 1 of 3 piles - 1. donate 2. consignment shop or 3. trash. I can't tell you how great it is to know that everything in your closet fits. It's making it much easier to get dressed in the morning!

So here's what upstairs looks like now. I feel much better about it. Now if only I could get Hubs to listen to me and let me paint all the wood. I can't stand the wood!! He says "do you know how much people pay for cedar closets?" I say - "I don't care. I want to paint it white". It's an ongoing battle. Would you paint it? I think it would make it so much brighter and modern. Humph.

Yes, the rug is too small...I need to buy a new one...


 I have a thing for shoes...ya think?!

The storage area now:
and the guest room...


 My favorite thing is my curtain. Like the damask trim on it?

Want to know what it is? OK OK I'll tell you...it is..{wait for it, wait for it}...TAPE! Yes, TAPE! It's one of the pattern tapes - all I did was run it along the side and bottom of the white curtain. I got mine at Ballard Designs but you can get them several different places. How sweet is that?! A DIY project I can excel at! No sewing necessary. Loooooooove it! 


And now I'm on a hiatus from cleaning.....
 
   
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. When you were a little girl, did you ever have the attic to yourself, to browse through boxes and find treasure to dance around in? Doesn't this wood panelling take you back to those joyful feelings? I'd paint the ceiling an intereting and fun color, and think of this place as my "fort," not unlike the many I built as a chid. Find a nice big happy rug and confy chair and lighting. This could be your getaway, just by virtuie of it being so different and cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...