Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Snickers Cupcakes and STDs


Last night A couple months ago {oops, just finishing the post...}Rick and I had C+A over to hang out and work on their Save The Dates {thus the STDs..get it? haha} for their upcoming wedding. Of course we couldn't have people over and me not make a dessert - that would be like...me liking the Steelers. Never gonna happen.


Sooooo I'd love to say that I slaved away on these CC's but that would be a lie. These are the definition of 'doctored' cakes. Easy peasy. They love snickers so I did a chocolate cake with a frozen snicker bar in the middle {keeps it from melting while it bakes}, crushed snickers on top and a drizzle of caramel. Seriously so easy and yummy.

And while I love any excuse to bake, the focus of the evening was not on my fab baking skills. No tonight the focus was on my fab DIY-ing skills. haha I kid. {kinda}. For real, I do enjoy making paper products so I was excited to design these for 2 of my most-favoritest peeps. The wedding has a pride and prejudice feeling and they LOVE books so we wanted the STDs to evoke the same idea. C and I hit the scrapbooking stores and scored some vintagey paper.

We were originally going to make them look like library cards in little pockets but decided to not go as literal and just place the insets in our DIY pocket. Yes, we made a pocket on each card. We lucked out on some of the paper and only had to do some folding {like this one that has a fab front and back}

but we weren't so lucky on all of them. These only had one side that we liked. So we made the pocket out of regular cardstock and then trimmed a patterned piece to line the top and create a belly band. These took quite a while to do. But totally worth it. 

 {doesn't this pattern remind you of the inside of an old book?}


They really did turn out beautifully. But I'm glad we're not DIY-ing the actual invites, too :)



Which one is your favorite? 

Mine's the first one, the grey-ish floral swirly one. That's the official description of the paper. :)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...